Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Flower Petal Faeries

Well there are many components to this project!

Firstly, the wire. As this is a speciality cloth wrapped wire I must say I have had a lot of difficulty in finding what I want. The wire that I was able to get is of the correct gauge but I wished that I could have found it in other colours.


Perler Beads, not as easy to come by as one would think. These are used underneath the bottom layer of petals to make them balloon out. 


Feathers....I thought that some of the Faeries should have real feathered wings not sure how they will work but I look forward to experimenting with them.


I recruited my Mom and my husband to spend an hour or two taking apart flower heads. Thank you sooooo much :) Now, I should have all of the flower petals that I will ever need to complete a whole bouquet of Flower Petal Faeries.





As well, I purchased more of the wooden boxes that I need to hold all of the Faeries precious goodies. These need to be stained to match the doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment